Monday, May 11, 2009

First Mother's Day

Mara came just in time to celebrate my first mother's day! We had a busy but fun-filled weekend! On Saturday, Justin & his brother Corey ran the 5K (3 miles) in the Avera Race against breast cancer and Elaine, Mara, & I walked the 5K. The morning started out chily & windy, but ended up being perfect for the race. You'll have to ask Corey or Justin exactly who won the race...and then who won golfing later that afternoon?! We spent the rest of the day at our house hanging out with the Justin's family & had a great time celebrating Corey's birthday & Mother's Day!
On Sunday the 3 of us went out for brunch after church to Spezia's-it was sooo good!:) The 1 hour wait was well worth it! We spent the rest of the day relaxing (aka napping & being lazy!!) and enjoyed the day together. Thanks Justin for making my first mother's day so memorable! I hope all of you mom's out there got to be pampered & enjoy a day celebrating how special you are! I've realized what a Blessing it is to be a mom & I'm loving every minute of being Mara's mommy!:)
I've added some pictures of Mara at 1 month old. I know...this girl has more pictures of her and she's only 7 weeks old!:)









Photography by Stephanie Van Dyke.

No comments: